Find freedom and flexibility with 100% state-approved online Real Estate education
Convenient, hassle-free real estate education
The Florida Gold Solution for Brokers Includes:
Florida Broker Pre-license Course (FREC II): Gain more stability. Further your real estate career. Become a Florida real estate broker! This real estate pre-license course package contains all 72 hours and the exam needed to make your goal a reality and fulfill the Florida education requirement for current agents seeking to become brokers. Study when and where you want with our online broker pre-license course. Subjects include: office ownership and management, valuation, agency, contracts, financing, closings, federal tax laws, investment, zoning and planning, environmental issues, and property management.
Florida Exam Prep: Packed with 6 testing lessons and an additional 6 exams, our exam prep course covers hundreds of questions on both Florida-specific and national real estate content. Our interactive study aid is focused solely on preparing you for your state real estate exam.
MathMaster: Math is a big part of real estate! Make sure that your skills and knowledge are up-to-date. MathMaster is designed to help you develop strong skills in real estate math--helping to ensure success on your state exam!
Florida Exam Prep
Florida Broker Pre-license (FREC II)
Learn about the Florida education needs for real estate licensing and renewal.
Licensing Board/Commission: Department of Business & Professional Regulation Florida Real Estate Commission (FREC)
Florida Real Estate Education Requirements:
- Florida real estate salesperson license: 63 hours
- Florida real estate broker license: 72 hours
- Florida also requires 45 hours of post-license classes for salespersons and 60 hours for brokers
Florida State Reciprocity:
Real estate commissions and boards across the country are adopting policies for a real estate agent in one state to more easily become licensed in another state.
Florida has mutual recognition agreements with seven states: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Mississippi and Nebraska. Mutual recognition allows out-of-state licensees to apply as a sales associate or broker in Florida exempting them from the pre-license education requirement.
They are still required, however, to take the 40-question Florida Laws section of the state exam.
Florida Real Estate Continuing Education (CE) and License Renewal Requirements:
- Real estate professionals in Florida need to renew their licenses by March 31st or September 30, every 2 years.
- The renewal date that applies to you depends on when you initially took your licensing exam and should be indicated on your real estate license. By this date, licensees need to complete 14 hours of real estate CE, consiting of:
- 8 hours of specialty credit
- 3 hours dedicated to an update of Florida laws
- 3 hours of an ethics and business practices course
- These courses may be conducted in a classroom or via a distance education provider